Helsinki EU Office is a Brussels-based office representing the City of Helsinki, City of Espoo, City of Vantaa, Helsinki-Uusimaa Region, Häme Region, Kymenlaakso Region, Päijät-Häme Region, Aalto University, University of Helsinki, University of the Arts Helsinki, Hanken School of Economics, Laurea University of Applied Sciences, Metropolia University of Applied Sciences and the Natural Resources Institute Finland.
Click here to read our new Helsinki EU Office Newsletter for up to date information on projects, activities, initiatives and events across the regions, cities and universities Helsinki EU Office represents in Brussels.
Helsinki EU Office supervises its stakeholders’ interests and promotes their visibility in different EU fora. The office also provides information regarding the preparation of EU legislation, EU funding programmes, events, co-operation, and networking opportunities.
Helsinki EU Office actively follows European urban policy, cohesion policy, research and innovation policy, transport policy as well as environment and energy policy.
Together with its partners, Helsinki EU Office participates in the activities of i.e. the following networks:
- ARC (Airport Regions Conference)
- BaltMet (Baltic Metropoles Network)
- BSSSC (Baltic Sea States Subregional Co-operation)
- CPMR (Conference of Peripheral Maritime Regions)
- CPMR Baltic Sea Commission
- ERRIN (European Regions Research and Innovation Network)
- LERU (League of European Research Universities)
- Science Business